no cvs results - can I vent?

(3 posts)(3 voices)
  1. At quarter to five this afternoon I get a call from the genetic counselors (a company who my high risk doctor contracts with, I am not a fan) saying that they for some reason don't have the final cvs results back and so they might have to postpone the reduction tomorrow -- she tells me this on my voicemail. I called the doctors office and said, this is between me and the doctor, and since some people don't even have cvs, I want to proceed with reduction tomorrow based on the preliminary results. It is simply ethically and emotional impossible for me to wait longer in the pregnany. Doctor said ok, he will do it. I hope we are making the right decision. It feels like cvs was for nothing, though.

    What do you think?

  2. Ugh, so sorry you're in this position. In answer to your question, personally, I would (and did) wait for the full results, b/c I wouldn't have been able to live with having made a mistake. The FISH results said that 1 of the 2 fetuses I was carrying had Down's, but I didn't reduce until I had the final results... and even so, I still lived in fear until I got back the confirmation post-reduction that it was in fact Down's, and that the correct fetus had been reduced. GL with whatever you decide to do.

  3. So sorry - that is so unfair... If your are comfortable going forward with preliminary results, than do so. Sorry you find yourself here.

RSS feed for this topic

Reply

You must log in to post.